Every Conversation...

... Brings the potential for God to speak.

It's not always easy being on staff with YWAM. People enter and then leave your life every 3-6 months, and somehow in those few short months between hearts mesh together. But then they leave, and it hurts, and you start it all over again. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE what I do. I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Today was one of those days. My first YPDTS students graduated today! And it's this bizarre mix of feelings... I'm seriously SO overjoyed at all the Lord has done in their lives! He's grown them, encouraged them, changed them, loved them, challenged them, and this week has felt like one of sheer VICTORY. Seeing them again after they've been on outreach the last two months is overwhelmingly beautiful. There are so many areas in each of their lives that we'd been praying for, fighting for, desiring to grow in... and now two months later they're here, back, and it's happened! Jesus has DONE it! They are walking in so much more freedom and identity and love... the list could go on and on. I'm so proud of them, of their vulnerability with each other and the Lord, and the way they've allowed Jesus to push them out of their comfort zones to discover who they really are!

And yet, they're leaving. Some will be back in a few months, others I don't know when (if) I'll see again. And so despite the joy and victory, my heart is also so heavy. These dear sweet friends are gone, as quick as that.

Now I'm left here, pondering the last five months and all that has happened. Where did the time go? How did it fly by so quickly? And I'm reminded of the beauty of relationships. How sweet is it that the Lord can bring together complete strangers, and in a matter of weeks they've become close friends?!

God often moves and speaks in the context of relationships. Think about that for a moment. God often moves and speaks in the context of relationships. And how often do we just hop on our phones? Or "not feel like" saying hi or talking to someone?

I'm reminded of the importance of being intentional with every person in every moment. Life comes, and life goes. If we don't take the time for a smile, hello, or conversation, what are we missing? A new friend? A deep conversation? Encouragement? I don't want to miss out on any opportunities the Lord has for me because I'm too busy not wanting to be bothered! I want to love well. I want to be intentional. I want to pay attention to each and every moment, not missing an opportunity the Lord might have for meet someone new, love someone, or be encouraged by them!

Will you join me in being intentional? Don't let life pass by missing out on beautiful opportunities. Every interaction with someone - whether a stranger or close friend - has the potential for encouragement, beauty, hope, and love.

Join me! Let's learn to love well.

Comments

Popular Posts