When plans change...

I thought I had it figured out. I thought I knew what was next. My Worship, Intercession, Spiritual Warfare, Evangelism (WISE) School I'm in ends mid September. I thought I was going to Washington DC for a 3 week outreach, then home for 2 weeks, then going to Uganda for 10 months. It looked like it fit perfectly, His hand was on my plans and He was opening crazy doors for me.

And then, in a matter of a week and a half, things started to fall apart. And in the course of a few hours today, my plans for the next year of my life crumbled to the ground, and God's been stirring new things in my heart.

What do you do when God changes your plans? What do you when he changes them, after you were SURE you heard his voice?

This is the place I've been at for the last week and a half.

It's a constant battle; am I going to live in the flesh, full of fear, worry, anxiety, and uncertainty? Or am I going to live in the Spirit, walking in Jesus' peace and presence, confident that He's secure even when my circumstances are not?

Sometimes my flesh wins. But lately, my Spirit's been winning. In those moments, when I don't know what to do, when the only logical thing seems to curl up on my bed and cry or let fear and uncertainty swirl through my head, I've found there's only one thing I CAN do.

I have to CHOOSE to seek Him. To seek His Presence. To press into Him, even when I don't understand. Because HE does. And in those moments, He is NEAR. Oh, so near. I think often I hear his voice the clearest in times of hardship because I'm forced to press into Him all the more.

And the words He speaks... Oh, I would die without them! They are so sweet, so tender, so gentle. Full of love and compassion, He speaks to me more tenderly than I ever imagined a Father could.

"It's okay, my daughter. Press into me. I'm here."

"Don't worry about what's next. I'm with you. Whatever you choose, I'll be right by your side."

"Take my hand! I'll lead you step by step. When you need to know what's next, I'll show you, a little at a time."

"You don't need to be afraid or overwhelmed. I'm here, and I'm not going to leave you."

"Your destination is not a country or place, it's ME."

How sweet these words are, how life-giving to my soul! He is so good, full of unfailing mercy and compassion. He doesn't scorn us because we're afraid; he takes our hand and walks with us, step by step. How wonderful He is! How beautiful His Presence!

So when those moments come, what will you do? Push him away because you think he doesn't understand or because you're just too confused? I pray you will have the courage to press into Him even more so. Because He's LONGING for you to draw near. He wants to whisper in your ear, "I'm with you. I'm never going to leave you."

So in that moment, will you let him love on you? Will you let HIM be God?

Because He's good. All the time.

Comments

Popular Posts