Sunday, November 6, 2011

Busy!!

 Wow. Life is SO BUSY right now! I haven't posted on here in...I don't know how long!! Sorry, everyone, but blogs have just been put on the backburner for awhile. I finally finished up all my schoolwork/homework for this week, so I have a little bit of time to update you all... Between school, household responsibilities, Beauty and the Beast rehearsal every Tuesday, and oh...

You all don't know about Sound of Music!! I auditioned for a christian community theater that's doing the Sound of Music in September, and I got teh role of Louisa!!!! So I have rehearsals for that 4 nights a week now, since shows are coming up - they start in a week and a half!!! I've been having a blast with it - it's been great getting to know new people, and it's been a fun experience to be a lead as well. It's also been a challenge; since I'm 16, and the character Louisa is 13, it's been challenging to figure how to "live" as a 13 year old, because I naturally want to act much more like Liesl (who's 16) than Louisa. It's also been a lot of fun as far as character development goes since Louisa is the trickster of the family. :) I can hardly believe shows open so soon!! If you are interested in coming and don't already have the info, leave a comment and let me know and I'll get back to you - I just don't want to take the time to type it all out if I don't have to. lol

BATB rehearsals have been going really well, I am having a BLAST!!! We have been working on a lot of our wolf choreography, which is going to be absolutely amazing by the time show week rolls around. We don't have an "official" choreographer, but all of the wolves (besides me) are super incredible dancers (like they've been dancing officially their whole lives), and so we've all been working together as far as choreographing goes. I feel so privileged and it's been such a great experience for me to be able to see the other end of choreography... In the past, I've just done whatever they've told me to do; and now, I'm helping to figure out what we do!! Plus Mrs. E has been helping us with it a lot too, and she's so fun to work with, for those of you who don't know her. ;)

The singing for BATB is going really well, too... I've decided that Human Again is my most favorite song that I sing. It's such an amazing song, and it's got so much harmony in it!!! :D

I have been doing quite a bit of reading lately, primarily for school, and I thought I'd also take a minute to share some of the books I've been reading (that I like). First of all, not that I've read this one cover to cover within the last month, but it's my all time most favorite book, so I figured I should mention it. I often will page through it, intending to skim around to look for monologues, and end up reading entire chapters because I love it so much!! :) The book is Little Women.

The next book is Johnny Tremain by Esther Forbes. It is historical fiction (which I love) and it's set during the American Revolution. It's a great story, but most of all I love her writing!!! Once I start the book, I want to keep reading it just because her writing is so incredible!

Another book that is ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. It's an incredible story and very good writing. I don't want to spoil the story but it's primarily about a girl named Jane Eyre as she grows from a child into a woman - and it's full of life, vigor, romance, Christian principles, allusions, mystery, and suspense! What more could you ask for?? ;)

So that pretty much sums up my life right now... I've been working on writing quite a bit, too, and I'm currently writing a short story set in the American Revolution and an essay about Leadership that I'm going to submit into a writing contest. :)

I wish I could say, more posts soon, but I'm afraid that just isnt' going to happen right now... So, so long, until I find another spare minute to post on my blog. :)

In Christ,
Elizabeth

5 comments:

The Fedewa Family said...

Hello~
You might not remember me...Hannah M. has intoduced us several different times. I've been reading your blog for a while, but thought it was about time I commented!

It sounds like you have been having a lot of fun with BATB! It would be interesting not to have an official choreographer...are there not very many wolves? I know in Lansing it would be a disaster! The Jitterbugs are very jittery, and from what I've heard, the Munchkins are worse! :~) Anne of Green Gables is going well too...we had a "full" run-through on Friday. We didn't really have enough time, so we skipped scenes here and there. Will you be coming for it in January? Have you gotten your tickets?

I love reading, and historical fiction is my favorite! I have read each of those books except Jane Eyre.

Thanks for the post!
Haley F.

Lydia said...

Sounds like you're very busy! I am so happy to hear that you got Louisa, it will be such a fun part!

Have fun!
Lydia

Elizabeth said...

~Haley, Yes, I remember you! :)

Yeah, I have been having lots of fun with BATB.. you guessed right (I guess I forgot to mention in my post) that there's only 8 wolves - Anna D. (aka Fiona last year) is one of them. :)

I really hope to come see Anne... I'm not sure if it will work or not. But I'm asking for tickets to all the HPA shows for Christmas. :D lol

Well, I would highly recommend Jane Eyre!! I'm reading it with our co-op right now (Erin and Andrew W. and Jonathan A. - all of which are in Wizard of Oz).


~Lydia, I am enjoying playing Louisa, especially since it's my first role other than chorus. :)

Elizabeth

The Fedewa Family said...

Hello Elizabeth,

It is fun working with Anna--she choreographed Come to Me, Bend to Me, in Brigadoon, and she is also helping with the Jitterbug dance.

I know Erin, Andrew, and Jonathan. I do science with Erin on the Thursdays you don't do co-op and I was on the cross country team with Jonathan and Maddie.

~Haley

Lindsey Marie said...

Elizabeth,

Sound of Music sounds like so much fun! I'm glad you received a stretching part, those are the role in which I seem to grow the most in.

I can't wait to see BATB! EJ has been giving me updates and it sounds like it is going wonderfully! :)

Jane Eyre is on my reading list. :) I recently watched the dvd of HPA's Jane and it was so good. The music is enchanting! I highly recommend it. :)

Talk to you soon!
~Lindsey