Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ride for Refuge

 

Hey everyone! I just wanted to let you know of something that's coming up in my life... Ride for Refuge! For the past two years, our family has been a part of Ride for Refuge. Basically, we ride our bikes (this year I'm riding 15 miles) to raise awareness and funds specifically for Transformation Expeditions for passionate Christian leaders and the oppressed, such as former child-soldiers, street kids, orphans and widows – mobilizing them to grow deep roots in the Biblical worldview, in the love of the Father and the value of human life, and to spread that love and value to others



Ride for Refuge Logo - Tagline and Icons - Color (JPG).jpg
Ride for Refuge Logo - Tagline and Icons - Color (JPG).jpg

I would be very grateful if you would consider supporting me this year by donating some money. It doesn't have to be a lot - even the smallest amount helps! It is a wonderful opportunity for both you and I to partner with some friends of ours, Tim & Angie Sliedrecht, missionaries in Uganda, and the rest of their team serving in Uganda. Please watch THIS VIDEO, made by Tim Sliedrecht, to see what the money is going for. These child-soldiers are so young...they have gone through so much!! (Please note: the video may be a little intense for young viewers.)

For the sake of security reasons, if you are interested in donating for my 15-mile ride to help former child soldiers, please comment on this post with an email address I can reach you at to let you know how to donate - it's super easy. (Don't worry - I will not publish any comments containing email addresses or any other contact information.)

Click HERE to view Tim and Angie's blog if you'd like to see what they're up to.



Thank you!

Elizabeth 

P.S. I don't know why the font and color is funny in some places... sorry!!

1 comment:

Sarah Grace said...

Thanks for your sweet comment!! :) I sure do love my sister! She's amazing... hope you're doing well! I miss all of you HPA GR people! Love you!