Wednesday, August 31, 2011

There's Joy in this Heart

Well!! Sorry I never got around to posting any more about auditions (for Beauty and the Beast, in case you've somehow missed my last couple of posts)... but there's no reason to talk about auditions anymore, because.....

The Cast List is out!!!!! I don't think I need to try to explain how fast we all got out of bed as soon as we heard it was finally here. :) And...

I'm in the show!!!! I have been cast as in two choruses, as a Wolf Dancer and a Caryatid!!! Yes, I will explain. :)

First, there are two scenes, both in the movie and in the musical, where the wolves attack (first Maurice, and then Belle and the Beast together later). Well, the directors have decided to make those scenes into some cool choreography pieces for the wolves... and I am one of 8 girls playing a Wolf Dancer!! I am so looking forward to these choreography pieces... I'm sure they will be so much fun!!

Secondly, I have been cast as one of two Caryatids. A Caryatid, as I have found out, is a statue; I'm pretty sure at the Enchanted Castle. I'm not exactly sure what all I'm doing as a Caryatid, but I must be doing something or they wouldn't have put "Caryatid" on the cast list! :D lol. And the other girl who is a Caryatid is a great friend of mine, so whatever we're doing, we should have a lot of fun with it together. :)

And last, but most certainly not least, I am on the devotions committee again!! I am so excited and thankful for this opportunity. The Lord was able to use me in so many ways last year, and Lord willing, I pray that He'll use me again!! I am really most excited about this over anything... Ever since shows came out, I've wanted to be on the devotions committee so much... even more than I wanted to be Belle (and that was a lot!)!!!

So, all of that to say that I am so overwhelmed by the Blessings, Goodness, and Generosity of my Lord!! My heart is just overflowing with His Joy!!

Rejoicing!
Elizabeth

4 comments:

Mikailah said...

How fun! :) Congrats! That is exciting.

Lindsey Marie said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you. I'm sure BATB will be great! (And you get EJ for Belle; she'll be amazing!) I too, am on the devotion committee in Kzoo, and I'm super excited about it!

I'm planning on writing up something on my blog too... I'm so excited for this whole year! And maybe I can meet you after a show? Will you be coming to Willy Wonka? I think I'm going to be on hair and make-up for that show.

Much Love,
Lindsey

Elizabeth said...

Thanks, girls! I'm definitely really excited. :)

Lindsey, yeah, it would be awesome to meet you in person! I'm really hoping to come see Fiddler, and we might make it to Willy Wonka, too. You never know... I'll definitely let you know when it gets closer, though...it's still an awfully long way off!! haha. Oh, do you think you'll come see BATB? I look forward to hearing about HPA on your blog. ;)

Elizabeth

Lindsey Marie said...

Elizabeth,

Oh I hope you can come! They're both looking like they'll be great shows. But what else can you expect from HPA? :)

Yes, we're deff. planning on coming to B&TB. So excited... I can't wait!

Love,
Lindsey :)