Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Deeper

I go through spurts in my journaling. Ideally, I do it every or every other day. But things get busy, days pass, weeks pass. This evening I sat down to just slow down my thoughts and try to put them all onto paper. So much has happened. Is happening. My thoughts seem to be one big whirlwind. Yes, regarding HPA. However, I dearly hope that those of you reading this don't just kind of tune out and skim the rest of this because you are expecting my usual rambling regarding HPA. Just please bear with me.

As I was writing down all the events that have happened lately regarding HPA, I continually circled around to one fact that I'm afraid most people miss when they hear me start to go on and on about HPA. (Not that I blame you, I usually don't share the deeper aspect of what's going on in my heart.) And that's this: For me, HPA is ever so much deeper than that shallow chatter of mine that won't stop. So much deeper than just a few friends. Deeper than the singing, dancing, and acting that I love so dearly. Deeper than the crazy, hectic show week that I always look forward to. It's a place where I really feel myself draw closer to God. In so many ways. For one, I when I am rehearsing or on stage, I am giving everything I have to Him. Everything I do - every note I sing, every step I dance, every word I say - I pray that it brings glory to God. HPA is a place where I can pray, read and discuss the Bible with other strong, mature Christians. Where we can pray for the Lord's strength right before we step onto stage in front of our audience. Where incredible, lasting friendships are formed. Where I am encouraged, strengthened, challenged, both physically and spiritually. Where, through no strength of my own, but through the Lord's strength, I can be a blessing and encouragement to others. And most of all, I love HPA for the simple reason that it is a place where those that love Christ can come together and, through everything, bring glory to God through one of the ways that we love most dearly: theater.

I welcome any comments anyone has on this post. :)


In Christ,
Elizabeth

6 comments:

Mikailah said...

Hello Elizabeth,
I really like your blog... It is so refreshing to find Christian young ladies out there!
Blessings~
Mikailah

Mikailah said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog! :) Would you consider following it? I found your blog on Jenna's at Feminine Farmgirl. I think you commented on her recent post. :)
Blessings~
Mikailah

Breanne said...

Elizabeth! I feel the same way! You have beautifully captured what has been in my heart this past year and put it to words. I love reading your blog. I miss you so much and it really makes me feel like I am standing talking to you. Thank you!I miss you!

Lydia said...

Lovely post I am sure that there are many HPA lovers out there that agree 100% with what you have said! I can't wait for auditions!
Lydia

Savories of Life said...

The first two comments on this post are made by my dear blog friend. Do come over and see my giveaway!

Lindsey Marie said...

Elizabeth,

I feel the same way. HPA is a great way to make friends and have a good time... but it's so much deeper then that. I've grown so much closer to God this past year and I know that a lot of it is through the influence of my amazing new Godly friends and Jesus displaying Himself in ways I couldn't imagine. He does care about the little things! :) He is so faithful!

I'm looking forward to following your GR HPA experience! :) I know it must be different the life down here in Kzoo. :)

Much Love,
Lindsey