Saturday, January 8, 2011

Meet me in St. Louis!!!

Well, everyone, it's coming up so fast! My musical is next week!! YIKES!!! Can you believe it?? After so much anticipation, tech week is here, with show week on it's tail! As I have spent hours pondering this, :D, I continually come around to God's goodness to me! I so greatly enjoy being a part of HPA - they really strive to bring glory to God through everything they do.

Also, I am having a blast with all of the singing throughout this show - and I feel like my voice has improved immensely over the past year. The music director for our show, Mr. G, has an amazing way of bringing out the best in everyone's voices, even in a large group setting.

Additionally, I love the dancing! It has been VERY tricky to learn, but as we know the dances better, they are getting more and more fun to do, since we can just enjoy dancing them, and we don't have to worry about if the steps are right or not - because we have them memorized so well. But one of the songs, the Banjo, still needs quite a bit of polishing up yet. *sigh* But I know the Lord will bring it all together in HIS perfect timing, so I don't even need to worry about it.

If you remember this week or next, I would appreciate any and all prayers for myself as well as the other cast members and the staff, too. It is going to be an extremely long, tiring, stressful, (but still fun!) next two weeks. This week I have rehearsal all day Tuesday (like 9 in the morning to 9 at night), all day Friday, and even longer on Saturday. Come Monday I have another long day, followed by Tuesday, then Wednesday with final dress rehearsal, then Thursday through Saturday the same + SHOW! So, any prayers would be much appreciated.

I know in many pictures will be taken in the next two weeks, and trust me, some of them WILL make it onto my blog. So stay tuned for pictures of the show! Also, sometime after show, I will post some reflections on it, too...

Lastly, I want to apologize for the lousy job of posting I have been doing lately. Somehow I got out of the habit of posting often, and I have done a really lousy job of keeping up my blog. I will try to work harder to post more frequently, just please wait until after show. :)

In Christ,
Elizabeth

2 comments:

Jenna said...

We are very much looking forward to MMSL!! Of course, it is talked about non-stop over here too:)

I'll be praying for you as well as all of the cast - please be praying for us too...especially that Josh doesn't get sick with a cold or anything because of his solos!!

See you tomorrow,
Jenna

Alyssa said...

I can't wait to see it!!!!!!! :)

Alyssa