Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Sledding



Merry Christmas! (almost) :) We have quite a bit of snow at our house - maybe 6 inches. We also have a really good sledding hill. It can go really fast! I mean, REALLY fast! It goes through the woods, where (amazingly) there are no trees - except at the bottom. They have never been a problem before, but this year, we keep running into them! I think all of us have a bump or bruise or two from hitting the trees. :) So, this morning, about 10 minutes after I woke up, Dad called from on his way to work, and wanted Leah and I to go outside to stand the garbage can back up. Apparently, the garbage can had tipped over in the night (because our garbage pick-up is between 7-8 am, so we don't have time to bring it down in the morning). Now, realize here, that I just woke up 10 minutes ago. I definitely did not want to go out into the cold snow just to stand the garbage can back up because it had fallen into the ditch. I did, though, and decided to make the most of it. Leah and I put on all our snow clothes, and went sledding for awhile since we were out there anyways. It was pretty dark at first, and we got to watch the sunrise. It was really beautiful! Leah has been enjoying taking pictures lately, so she pulled out the camera and took some amazing pictures of the moment. Since she will probably want to post them herself on her blog here, I will only put two of her pictures on...then you can go to her blog later, where she will probably post a large number of them. They really are beautiful! There are also some pictures of us sledding - our driveway is quite steep and curvy, so it makes for a good sledding hill as well.

No comments: