Monday, November 8, 2010

Meet me in St. Louis


Hello!

I am sure that you all know by now that I am in the musical 'Meet me in St. Louis' with HPA. I decided to post about this because I am enjoying it so much! I am a teen ball dancer. Over the past couple of months, we have been working on a large amount of guy/girl dancing. We've been doing square dancing, and just recently we have started learning waltzing as well. It is sooo much fun, and I am enjoying it immensely! Rehearsal is every Tuesday, and I look forward to another full, yet fun day tomorrow with all my friends.

I am also on the "devotions committee" for the first time this year. Basically, the devotion committee is 5 cast members who meet every week and plan weekly devotions for the cast. We also pray together and encourage one another. I am truly blessed to be a part of this.

In addition, we have been learning (as a cast) a ton of fun songs. They are VERY tricky to get right, but I think we are slowly getting the hang of it. It sounds so beautiful, though, when we get it right, as many of the notes have 3-6 part harmony! Some of the songs are "Skip to my Lou", the "Banjo", and "The trolley song".

The performance is at the end of January, and I am getting really excited. I got my costume last week! It is a long, pretty, light blue dress from the time period of the show (1904). The costume moms are working on hemming it and adding some lace to it right now... I can't wait to see it all finished!

Ad sales are about over... tomorrow they will announce 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for who sold the most ads! I am pretty sure that I got second - I was "battling" my friend for the top, but I think he beat me. :)

Well, off to bed for a fun day tomorrow!

Your sister in Christ,
Elizabeth

P.S.
Oh, by the way, some of the moms have been taking pictures of rehearsals...if I happen to get a hold of those pictures somehow, I will post them. But for now you'll just have to be satisfied with words. :D

1 comment: