Thursday, October 14, 2010

I actually played football!, Co-op bonfire!, and HPA!! - three posts in one!! :D

Hi!

So those of you who know me, know that I am soooo a soccer person and I am NOT a football person - I don't (didn't) play it, I don't know the rules, and I don't even watch it. I will ALWAYS choose soccer over football, no matter what. However, we had co-op on Thursday, and the majority of the kids at co-op wanted to play football. Deciding to step out of my usual self, however, I somehow agreed to play football with the rest of the gang. (I guess I didn't want to be the one left out. :D) So I played football. And the crazy part is - I actually liked it!!! I will still definitely choose soccer over football, but I did play it and enjoy it.



On the topic of co-op, we are going to my friend Erin's house tomorrow night, to have a bonfire with all of our co-op friends!! We might play capture the flag or ghost in the graveyard with the dads! I am soooo excited, it seems like forever since we did something like this!! I am sure I'll have a few pictures, so hopefully I'll post them sometime soon. So, Erin, I'm looking forward to seeing you tomorrow night! (Though I'm sure you already knew that! ;D)

Also, musical practice has started!! I'm sure most of you know that I am a teen ball room dancer in Meet me in St. Louis. We have been doing TONS of square dancing the past few weeks, and I am sooo enjoying it!!! We have been working a lot on singing as well. The music is really hard. It sounds so pretty once we get the hang of it, but quite a bit of it has 4-6 part harmony, so it takes a while to figure out. Right now I am in the process of selling ads in the program. HPA does a contest where whoever sells the most number of ads gets a $75 prize, and I won last year, and I am very determined to win again this year. But there is way more competition this year, and I don't know if it will happen or not. But I am still determined! :D

So that's what I've basically been up to lately...

In Christ,
Elizabeth (or should I say Katherine? - that's my name in the musical :D)

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Sounds like you've been busy!
The square dancing sounds sooo fun!!
I LOVE square dancing, though I've only done it twice. =(
The play sounds fun, though challenging. I was just thinking tonigt that it would be fun to be in a homeschool play. Hopefully I can sometime!