Thursday, September 16, 2010

School!

Hello!

As you may have guessed from the title, we're home now! Our vacation was super but it's always nice to be back to "home sweet home". :) So, we have started school now. My subjects are:

1. Chemistry - I thought I was going to like it, but now let's just say I'm having second thoughts :D

2. Geometry - I'm not very far into it, so I can't judge it yet...it's just pure logic right now, but so far I am enjoying it considerably more than Algebra. :D

3. Bible - I am reading through the entire New Testament this year, which I'm really excited about! (I read through the whole Old Testament last year.)

4. World History - Right now I'm doing the Romans and I'm looking forward to doing Medieval times and up through current (but not US) yet this year.

5. Spanish - I've been "playing around" with Rosetta Stone for quite a few years, but this year I am actually getting serious about it, and I got a spanish textbook, too.

6. Writing - I am doing a few things from IEW (Institute for Excellence in Writing), like learning how to write a good essay, and some of the random writing that goes along with my Bible and History.

7. Literature - I am going to read some G.A. Henty books, random historical fiction, Shakespeare's play Julius Ceasar, Beowulf, and some others, too. I am currently reading The Bronze Bow and then I will read Twice Freed - both of which are FABULOUS books! - I would highly recommend them.

8. Piano - I have played the trumpet for the past 3.5 years, and I decided it's time for something new. I always wanted to be able to play piano, and so I have started that this year! So far it's really fun!

9. AND...last but certainly not least...HPA!!! - I am a teen and a ball dancer in "Meet me in St. Louis". The first rehearsal was last Tuesday, and it was sooo much fun! I am learning how to square dance!!! I am also on the devotions committee with a few friends which is a lot of fun - that means the five of us in this group prepare and do a devotion lesson every week at rehearsal.

So...that's pretty much my life right now!!

3 comments:

Gabe said...

Geometry gets harder ;) mostly when you have to memorize every proof you find, there everywhere!
Good idea to do piano! you got the right idea now =) I hope you have lots more fun in the play.
Gabe

Libby Timmis said...

Looks like a great year! I have a very similar year and I'm suuuper excited!

Oh, I'm following your blog now! Thought I'd let you know. :D

The Riefer Fam said...

Fun! Busy busy..I have def. got a full high school year..OOh and I got a really fun part in Seussical, which is very exciting!
You will love piano. Good for you;)