Thursday, July 1, 2010

Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread!

Hello, friends!

We had a fun baking day today. We made Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread, and Zucchini Cake. They are so delicious, and I haven't posted a recipe in a while, so I decided I'd share! This recipe is excellent; sometimes we put in a 9x13 pan even. It is fantastic, especially when you add the sugar!! :D I made it today and forgot the sugar! Can you believe it??? I think we'll definitely be putting powdered sugar on top of ours! :D

Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
This is a delicious recipe. The best part is that it uses zucchini, which we always have an overabundance of. And, it also uses buttermilk, which we always have a ton of after we make butter. This is the perfect recipe! NOTE: We usually triple or quadruple this recipe for our family.

2 c. flour
1/2 c. cocoa powder
1 c. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1/3 c. vegetable oil
3/4 c. buttermilk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. shredded zucchini
1 c. chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour a large bread pan. In a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, buttermilk, and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients and stir until almost fully combined. Add in the zucchini and chocolate chips and stir until evenly distributed in the batter. The batter should be fairly thick. Bake 50-55 minutes (but ours took longer), or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with only moist crumbs attached. Turn loaf out of pan and cool on a wire rack before slicing. Enjoy! Makes 1 loaf.

Zucchini Cake

Leah made this recipe, so it is on her blog instead. Her blog is Two Fairies in the Faith.

Go ahead and try one or both of these recipes sometime! They are fabulous! And don't forget to add the sugar! :D Also, make sure you comment to let me know how they are!!! :D

In Christ,
Elizabeth

2 comments:

iammygirlsmom said...

Hi, Elizabeth! I clicked over to your blog from the Q's blog! You do a great job here!

I made the bread this morning! I was planning to make zucc. bread, but the recipe I have calls for applesauce. When I realized I didn't have any thawed, I decided to use this recipe. It's WONDERFUL!!

~Mrs. Boersma

iammygirlsmom said...

Elizabeth - I just invited you to my blog (I keep it privtae.) Look for an invite in your inbox :)