Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A New Home Remedy?!?!

Hi, everyone!

Well, to start, I got a bee sting on Sunday, and two days later it is still swollen and itchy. :( I tried everything I could think of to help the itch, because it was just driving me nuts. I tried multiple natural creams and such, I had done ice, but couldn't leave it on all day long, I tried Band-Aid Itch Relief (or something like that), and the itch would just not go away. Oftentimes, we make a paste with baking soda and water, and let that sit on it, but my bee sting is right in the crease between my finger and my hand, so the paste would just crumble off every time I tried to move my hand. So, on to the internet we went. :D And the ultimate remedy, that actually works, is... (drum roll please :)...


TOOTHPASTE!!


Yep. That stuff you brush your teeth with. It completely removed the itch and really reduced the swelling as well!! So there you go, a new home remedy for an itchy bee sting. And you don't even have to go to the store to buy it!!! :D

Try it out sometime. It really works!

Elizabeth

1 comment:

Erin said...

Hi Elizabeth!

A friend of mine told me that toothpaste works really well on burns too. I've never tried it though.

Erin