Saturday, May 1, 2010

Our Weekend

I just got on my dashboard this morning, and noticed I haven't posted since April 6!!! Wow!! Well, our entire family had this yucky cold/cough/bronchitis thing, and it lasted for a month and a half! Talk about having enough sickness! :) So that's part of the reason I haven't posted in so long. Also, Leah and Abby are playing softball four nights a week (YIKES!!) and it's really taking a toll on our family even though this was the first week. It lasts until the end of June, which I personally think is an extremely long time for a sport to last. Anyways, everyone, including Hannah, went to Leah's game last night because she was playing against her cousin, Anna.

After the girls (as in my younger sisters) were all in bed, Dad, Mom, and I started watching The Diary of Anne Frank, as that is kind of what I am learning about in History. (don't ask about the kind of--it's a long story). :) Anyways, it's pretty good, and it gives you a great insight on what it was like during the Holocaust. However, Anne is really bratty at times. It has to go back to the library on Monday, and I don't think we'll finish it before then, so hopefully I can renew it so we can have it another week.

Anyways, on to today. It was so gorgeous out!!! We were outside for a large part of the day--what else can you do when it's so nice out?? We did a bunch of outside jobs, like cleaning out the garage, the chicken coop, the shed, etc, and Dad tilled the garden so we can plant sometime soon. Dad also took Leah, Abby, and Naomi for a ride in the trailer hooked to his mower, which Naomi especially enjoyed! Oh, and I also planned the garden for this year. (I know, we're really behind in gardening!!!)

I am also working on figuring out what meals we will have this week--right now, because of softball, we need easy, yummy meals, and thanks so much Jenna for posting, and having a bunch of friends link up!! I think I will try Farmhouse Beans (we had those at Regan's house last week, and they were delicious!!), and Easy Cheesy Taco Casserole (as I love tacos and casseroles).

Tomorrow, I think we will have our own church service at home and watch an online sermon, as we are going to get together with our good friends the Alvaros tomorrow for the afternoon. I am really looking forward to it! I figured that most people like to see pictures on the posts as well, so here are some pictures of today:




Well, that about sums up our weekend!!

Also, I got the Pure in Heart award from Samantha. That includes a tag, and I don't have time for that now, so hopefully in the next few days I will get around to posting about that!!

Elizabeth

No comments: