Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My Advent Countdown: Monster cookies

For the next 25 days, the days of Advent, I am going to post something I enjoy about Advent. It might be a favorite Christmas carol, movie, family tradition, recipe, or anything else I enjoy about Advent and preparing for our Lord's birth.

Today's Advent thing is one of my favorite recipes for Christmastime. We always get together with cousins, aunts, grandma, etc. and bake Christmas cookies. One I enjoy the most is Monster cookies. They are super easy, and so easy to make. (They are especially nice when little hands want to help.)


Monster Cookies

1 c. powdered sugar
3/4 c. dates, cut up
1/2 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. choc. chips
1 c. m&ms
2 egg whites, unbeaten.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients together. (You don't even need a mixer, you can just do it by hand!!) Bake 13-15 minutes at 350 degrees. Makes 24 cookies.

~Elizabeth~

1 comment:

Jenna said...

That's a fantastic idea, Elizabeth! And the Monster cookies look like a great recipe for little ones to help with:)

Love,
Jenna