Tuesday, December 29, 2009

FANTASTIC Homemade Hot Chocolate

Today, we had a good 1/2 foot of snow. Since we all got new sleds for Christmas, we went sledding for a while this morning. When we came in, Dad had made this hot chocolate. It is sooooo good, and almost tastes like a liquid brownie or something!!! It is absolutely delicious! Unfortunately, I did not have time to take a picture before it was gone. :)

1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. Hershey's cocoa
Dash salt
1/3 c. hot water
4 c. milk (we used whole raw!!)
3/4 t. vanilla

Mix sugar, cocoa, and salt in saucepan; stir in water. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils; boil and stir two minutes.Stir in milk and heat. Do not boil. Remove from heat; add vanilla. Enjoy a glass of this fabulous hot chocolate!

5 comments:

Christian Miles said...

Nice blog! I LOVE hot chocolate! I'm following.

Karen said...

We have had pure sun today! No snowflakes at all. Makes me wonder about your 1/2 foot since we only live 3 miles away. :) Ha ha ha! Glad you could go sledding and you are blessed with one terrific dad.

Jenna said...

We just made a huge batch of hot chocolate mix:) And we're using Raw cow milk too - some friends are giving us some from their cow while our goats/cow are dry!! In another month we'll have our own cow milk coming out of our ears lol!

Sounds like you had fun sledding, and enjoy that hot chocolate:)

Elizabeth said...

Christian,

May I ask how you found my blog? Just out of curiosity, I'd like to know...

Karen and Jenna, thanks for the comments! I love to have them!

In Christ,
Elizabeth

Chris said...

Hello again, Elizabeth! I was on my friends' profile and I clicked one of the links in his favorite books thingy. I think the book was Do Hard Things. And you popped up on a list of people! Kinda weird. I didn't know blogger could do that. Did you?