Sunday, December 6, 2009

Advent Countdown: Christmas Tree Cutting!

One thing I like to do to celebrate Advent and Christmas is to get a Christmas tree. Yesterday, we went and got a Christmas tree to decorate. All the places we have been before have been far away and really pricy. So we tried to find a new place this year, and we did! It is not a "tree farm", it is just pine trees on someone's property. But the best thing is this: he donates 100% of the profit to a prison ministry!! Isn't that a great thing to do? And the trees are not near as expensive as at other tree farms. So yesterday morning, Dad took me, Leah, Abby, and Naomi to hunt for a tree. It didn't take too long, and we found a tree within 45 minutes, and brought it home. We also put lights on it last night. We are planning to decorate it today. I cannot get the pictures to work right now, so I'll post them as soon as I can.

1 comment:

Regan Family Farm said...

I bet it is beautiful!! I so miss the days of cutting down our tree and dragging it home :)