Thursday, December 3, 2009

Advent Countdown: The Nativity Story + Funny Sidenote

One thing I like to do during Advent is watch The Nativity Story DVD. (To celebrate Christmas and the birth of Christ.) It is a fantastic movie, and I would highly recommend it! It is the most accurate telling of the Nativity story I know of! It makes you realize that it wasn't an easy thing for Mary to do, as well as Joseph. Mary was probably actually only 14 or 15 when she gave birth to Jesus.(!) It is definitely a must-see movie, though it has one or two violent parts, as Herod was not a very kind King. It is definitely in my top five favorite movies!!




Also, as a hilarious totally unrelated side-note:
As you all know, Mom just had baby. So we've been getting a lot of meals recently. (Yay!) Well, one family brought dinner over a few nights ago. Anyways, the day after they brought dinner, the mom said that they were talking about seeing Hannah the day before. Their five year old girl was unusually quiet, and then she said, "Mom, it was like walking into a magical kingdom!" Apparently having Hannah there made our terribly untidy, chaotic house seem like a "magical kingdom" to their five year old girl... We all laughed really hard.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

I am going to have to watch that movie. LOL, I love the things that little kids say, its always so cute!


Many blessings,
Maggie
www.behindtheteenscene.blogspot.com
~Be sure to check out the giveaway at my blog~

Jenna said...

I'll have to look into that DVD, Elizabeth! I've never seen it before...