Tuesday, September 1, 2009

If My People...

For school yesterday, we were reading parts of 2 Chronicles. This verse jumped out at me:

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves
and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I
will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
2 Chronicles 7:14

This great verse, spoken to Solomon by the LORD, reminds us of the power of prayer and humility. I believe that right now, we live in a broken land. But here, God promises that if we humble ourselves, pray, seek His face, and turn from our wicked ways, He will hear us, forgive us, and heal our land! Isn't that a wonderful promise? My friend Jenna has started a blog On Bent Knees for prayer requests. I believe that part of these requests should be for our land, and our government, including President Obama. Heal their land. Doesn't that sound wonderful? Please join me in praying for our government this week! Thank you!

Elizabeth

No comments: